Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A noble thought

I've been thinking. Its not often that i do it but when i do venture down that moss-overgrown path it is with some reason and purpose( and care, cause the moss is slippery.. lol... forgive the pun, i'm just too excited with this new macbook of mine :P ). 
Elections for the second largest democracy in the world have just been completed and the results are out. If you think politics is out and governance is in, well think again, some ppl are just too caught up with politics ! As the country awaits the selection of the cabinet ministers I wonder why is it that ppl who truly deserve the post do not want it and those whom the PM just barely managed not to name them as corrupt and inefficient are fighting like a pack of wild dogs over it. Gets one thinking, well it certainly got me thinking, is democracy the right form of governance. Or its success is just a farce? Or is there something fundamentally wrong with the concept which puts the least efficient person in the most powerful post? 
I had this 2 hour long discussion on politics with my parents ], grandparents and cousins and by god it was awesome, being the most illuminating discussion of my life. I learnt a host of stuff abt politics, how it operates, how it should, how it can be made better ( easy enough, just elect the goddammed right person, ppl !! ). It got me thinking by the end of it, why dont i give it a shot? There are a host of things i want to see changed about the country. And out there are definitely a few ppl at least who share the same ideas as me. The same passion burns in them too. Its not an easy decision to make. And i'm biding my time, one reason being, well i've still got college to finish!! 
FYI, I did not vote this time. What use is there, if all u can do is vote for the lesser of two evils?
Democracy was not meant to be like this....

No comments: